Anyone considering college will face questions as they choose a program and enroll. Gateway Technical College’s Quick Start event will help to make that process as smooth as possible.
The event, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Dec. 11 in the Student Services Center in the Racine Building on the Racine Campus, 901 Lake Ave., will provide participants guidance on how to get started, select classes, apply for financial aid or determine career options.
“Quick Start is a great opportunity for students to get a jump start on enrolling for the spring semester,” said Amanda Virzi, Gateway Technical College director of Student Access. “All of our services are here to assist students with any questions they have regarding enrolling or financial aid.”
Student who submit an application for admission will have the $30 application fee waived.
What to learn, what to bring
• Learn more about Gateway’s career-training programs
• Remember to bring high school transcripts, Accuplacer or ACT scores (or test at the session). Those who bring needed documents can be admitted to Gateway at the event.
• Take the Accuplacer assessment. Students who wish to take this test must arrive before 3 p.m.
• Learn about the resources available to students through Gateway Student Support Services.
• Get assistance applying for financial aid. Go to the website for a list of needed documents or for more information.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/