As newspapers around the country furlough their employees hours, that means less journalism at a time when staying connected at the local level is important.
Racine County Eye remains committed to covering what matters to you, your family and your business. Now is not the time to be left in the dark about local information.
If you are able, Racine County Eye needs your financial support today to keep us focused on the things that matter. Click here to support our coverage. We appreciate every one of our readers and we’re grateful to earn your trust every day.
Owner of the Racine County Eye
Part-Time Administrative Assistant for Busy Accounting Firm in Oak Creek
30-40 hours/week February-April 15th (tax season) and 20-30 hours/week off-season. Requires experience with Outlook and Excel and occasional Saturday morning availability during tax season. Must be high-energy and able to multi-task during extremely busy tax season. $10-12/hour based on experience, plus 6 paid holidays and potential for a bonus.
General Purpose: Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact for all clients and needs to provide friendly assistance in receiving/issuing documents, answering questions, scheduling meetings, receiving/processing payments, and paging staff. Administrative Assistant also aids Office Manager with various tasks to ensure a smooth workflow.
- Answering phones promptly, screening calls and transferring to appropriate parties
- Greeting incoming clients in a friendly, timely, professional manner
- Folding, stuffing, and posting outgoing mail
- Receiving incoming mail and organizing by recipient
- Routing incoming work and tracking in Excel
- Scheduling meetings and coordinating use of conference rooms
- Scanning documents and saving to correct client file
- Processing credit card payments using POS terminal
- Assisting Office Manager with supply tracking, verification of incoming orders, etc.
- Providing back-up to staff, such as running supplies or making follow-up phone calls
- Tidying waiting room and conference rooms occasionally throughout the day
- High school diploma required, but some college or equivalent experience preferred
- Must be comfortable using a PC, scanner, and fax machine
- Experience with Excel and Outlook required
- Must be able to work as early as 8:30 a.m. or as late as 6 p.m. during tax season
- Must be able to occasionally work Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. during tax season
Please note, this description is not intended to encompass all tasks applicants may be required to perform.
You may submit your resume directly to email@example.com