Journalism. We believe it should help you live a better life.
That’s why we spend a lot less time on publishing mug shots and a lot more time helping you understand the employment market, figure out how to spend more time with friends and family with our events calendar, and what you can do to help businesses that have opened up. Make no mistake…we aren’t shy. We tackle the big stuff, like COVID and issues around race.
And if you believe in the value of journalism — that it should help, not exploit — please consider becoming a paid member of the Racine County Eye today. We can’t do this work without you.
Submitted by the Mount Pleasant Police Department.
Mount Pleasant police are asking for the public’s help identifying the woman in these photos. She is accused of stealing from Kohl’s last week. Officers say she drove away in a silver Ford Fusion.
- On 01/24/2014 at 2:37 pm (14-2007) a theft occurred at Kohl’s Dept. Store, located at 5500 Washington Ave. The suspect was a white female, 5’9” and 100 lbs. She was wearing a navy blue Nike sweatshirt, blue jeans, dirty white tennis shoes, black sunglasses on top of her head, and was carrying a maroon purse. She appeared to be mid 30’s to early 40’s and appeared to have “bad teeth.” Over $100.00 in merchandise was stolen. She left the area in silver Ford Fusion. Case remains active at this time.
- On 01/23/2014 at 8:22 pm (14-1949) officers responded to Kohl’s department store for a shoplifting complaint. Loss prevention officers caught a shoplifter who was later identified as SHAYLA MCMILLEN-HENDRIX, 18 from Racine. She received a $ 313.00 municipal citation for Retail Theft before being released.
On 01/28/2014 at 7:00 pm (14-2433) a loss prevention officer from Walmart called to file a shoplifting report. The original incident occurred on 12/23/2013. Upon follow-up the officer tracked down the suspect at her residence. As a result of an investigation into this theft, JESSICA GOODWIN, 25 from Racine was issued a municipal citation for Retail Theft ($313.00). She was released after being finger printed. In addition GOODWIN was a former Walmart employee. She initially tried to purchase over $800.00 worth of merchandise but the check she presented was declined. However she did get away with a ring and other household items that she was able to conceal.
HIT & RUNS
- On 01/27/2014 at 08:11 am (14-2268) Officers searched for a suspect vehicle in a H&R. The complainant was stopped on CTH V at Spring St. when the suspect rear-ended her vehicle. That vehicle then left the scene. Shortly after that Mt. Pleasant officers located the suspect vehicle on STH 20. The driver of the suspect vehicle was identified as CASTILLO CASTRO, 39 from Milwaukee. She received citations for H&R (attended vehicle), Operating vehicle without insurance, and Auto following too close. No one was injured.
OPERATING WHILE INTOXICATED (OWI)
- On 01/25/2014 at 11:08 pm (14-2159) the operator of a motor vehicle, MICHAEL MEYER, 40 from Franksville, called dispatch from his cell phone. He was stuck in the snow and was asking for assistance. MEYER was located in the 530 block of Rossi Lane. Upon officers locating the vehicle they later arrested the operator and issued him an $874.00 Municipal citation for OWI 1st offense.
- On 01/26/2014 at 4:41 pm (14-2219) an officer observed a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed on STH 31 near Greenridge Dr. After the vehicle pulled over, the driver, TYLER ROHRS, 23 from Edgerton, MN, admitted that he was drinking and should not be driving. After a test of ROHRS level of intoxication he was arrested. He received municipal citations for OWI 1st offense $874.00 and Speeding $ 174.00. ROHRS was transported to the jail and held on a 12-hour hold (OWI) and three commitments for his arrest.
- On 01/28/2014 at 1:13 (14-2364) an officer observed a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed on STH 20 near Hunter Dr. Upon stopping the vehicle the driver, CAROLINE MARCELLA, 27 from Kenosha was arrested. She received municipal citations for OWI 1st offense from designated lane ($124.00). She was released to a responsible party.
BATTERY / DISORDERLY CONDUCT (DC)
- On 01/26/2014 at 8:44 pm (14-2239) officers responded to a family disturbance in the 6500 block of Casper Ct. Officers arrested WILLIE HAMILTON, 40 from Mt. Pleasant. He was transported to jail. At this time he is facing charges of Substantial battery, DC, False Imprisonment, and Intimidating a Victim. This case was referred to the DA’S office.
- On 01/28/2014 at 7:40 pm (14-2438) officers responded to the 1400 block of Plainfield Ave in reference to a heated argument inside a vehicle. Upon arrival the subjects of this complaint were located in the vehicle. The male party was identified as JONATNAN VAUGHN, 32 from Racine. He was arrested for DC and transported to jail. VAUGHN is currently on probation. This case was referred to the DA’S office.