**Editor’s Note: This Letter to the Editor was submitted by Mount Pleasant Trustee Anna Marie Clausen.
My name is Anna Marie Clausen, and I am running for re-election as a Trustee-Seat #6, in the Village of Mount Pleasant.
Accomplishments: 2014 – Present
Trustee Anna Marie Clausen
The past two years have been very busy! Here are some of the things I have been involved in and/or accomplished during my first term as Trustee for the Village of Mount Pleasant.
- Attend Village Board meetings
- CHAIRMAN – Civic Affairs Committee
- Hosted first Mount Pleasant Day
- Instituted regular business visits
- Working on a Community Guide
- Started quarterly insert with sewer bills
- Upgrades to website & tracking hits to site designed to improve communication with residents
- Member of Finance, Legal, License Committee
- Mount Pleasant Representative, Racine County Board of Health
- Member of Zoning Committee
- Joint meetings with Community Development
- Support local businesses: attend new business openings, ribbon cuttings and ground breakings
- Promote the Village with Letter to the Editor (online 3/26/15 and in the Journal Times 4/7/15), and on local radio to announce formation of Civic Affairs Committee (March) and Mount Pleasant Day (September)
- Active involvement on behalf of Mount Pleasant at Municipal Leaders recognition at Racine County Fair, Neighborhood Cleanup on Mead Street in May, and tree trimming at Stewart-McBride Park in October
- Research and respond to two to four inquiries or complaints per month
One of my opponents has made several statements which are inaccurate or totally false. After careful research and evaluation of each topic or project, I vote my own conscience for what I believe to be in the best interests of the Village.
One Trustee alone does not have the power to eliminate a committee. The Technology Committee was dissolved because we now have a full-time staff member who is certified and experienced, which gives technology the importance it deserves.
Please carefully consider each candidate’s qualifications, experience, and ability to devote time to this important position. Be sure to vote.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/