Mount Pleasant police are asking for the public’s help finding the suspect seen in these photos. Officers say he got away with two bottles of liquor.
- On 01/14/2014 at 6:00 p.m. (14-1151) an officer responded to Razor Sharp Fitness located at 7300 Washington Ave regarding a theft complaint. The victim did not secure his gym locker. His wallet was stolen while he was working out. The suspect has not been identified at this time.
- On 01/14/2014 at 3:56 p.m. (14-1212) at Pick N Save located at 1202 N. Green Bay Rd., an unknown black male suspect six feet 165 lbs. with black hair and a mustache, with a medium build stole 2 bottles of liquor. The suspect has not been identified at this time.
- On 01/17/2014 at 3:22 p.m. a Hispanic female 5 ‘4” to 5’6” tall and 200-230 lbs took over $500.00 worth of clothing items from Kohl’s Department Store. Upon exiting the store she entered a black Buick Rendezvous. This case is active as investigators follow-up on leads.
HIT & RUNS
- On 01/10/2014 at 6:00 pm an officer took a report of a hit and run in the parking lot of 1425 Warwick Way. The victim vehicle was a red Dodge. The bumper was damaged on this date by an unknown vehicle which was not identified.
TRAFFIC STOPS and OWI’S
- On 01/15/2014 at 4:00 pm (14-1229) an officer stopped a vehicle because the registered owner was suspended. The operator was identified as Timothy Hawkins, 47, of Racine. The officer learned that Hawkins has four active commitments. Hawkins was arrested on these open commitments and for a fresh charge of operating after revocation. This charge was referred to the DA’S office. Hawkins also was issued a $ 218.50 citation for not having vehicle insurance.
- On 01/17/2014 at 2:09 am (14-1370) an officer observed a vehicle deviate from its lane of traffic multiple times and run over snow piles. The officer stopped the vehicle. The driver was identified as Alonzo Flores from Racine. He received municipal citations for: $874.00 for OWI 1st $124.00 for Unsafe Lane Deviation. He was released to a responsible party.
- On 01/18/2014 around 2:40 am a slow moving vehicle was stopped by an officer near STH 38 and N. Green Bay Rd. because the registered owner – Claudia Gates, 36, of Racine – of that vehicle had a suspended driver’s license. The officer arrested Gates. She was issued municipal citations for: OWI 1st $ 874.00, Possession of Open intoxicants $177.00, and Operating after suspension 5th responsible party.
DISORDERLY CONDUCT (DC) and ASSAULTS
- On 01/14/2014 at 9:00 pm (14-1172) a 16 year old female student from Horlick High School involved in a fight with an 18 year old Case H.S. student, Bennisha Nunn, 18, a student at Case High School. They both had attended a Case vs. Horlick boys’ basketball game at Case when an argument started over comments made on twitter. Nunn and the minor female were issued municipal citations for disorderly conduct.
- On 01/15/2014 around 1:00 pm (14-1291) Thomas Duncanson, 17, of Caledonia, assaulted another student Case High School during shop class by swiping sand paper on the arm of the victim causing injury. Duncanson was arrested received a $681.00 municipal citation for battery.
- On 01/16/2014 at approximately 11:00 a.m. at Case High School, Michaela White, 17, of Racine, and a 15-year-old student received $313.00 municipal citations for DC. White believed that the other student was wearing her clothing and attempted to remove it from the juvenile before the fight started.
SCAMS / FRAUD
- On 01/17/2014 a victim from Mt. Pleasant in the 5500 block of Cambridge Lane reported that he gave personal information to a suspect over the phone including a credit card number. The suspect claimed to be from a legitimate business and was offering him free computer services. Then the suspect was able to sell him fraudulent computer software but needed a credit card number. The victim later realized that he was the victim of fraud of $ 274.00. He then canceled his credit card.
MPPD Sgt. Eric Relich said, “Citizens are reminded to never give personal information to anyone over the phone unless you are initiating the call and know who you are talking to.”
- On 1/14/2014 at 4:43 pm (14-1145) officers responded to the 2800 block of Cozy Acres Rd. for a report that a dog was not on a leash and was running around the area. Officers made contact with the owner of the dog – John Arredondo, 66, of Mount Pleasant. Arredondo was issued a $128.00 municipal citation for Dog at Large. Officers responded to this address prior to this complaint for other concerns relating to Arredondo’s dog.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/