A man who beat a car was taken into custody for disorderly conduct and damage to property. A woman who was in the area was also arrested because Mount Pleasant police say she assaulted another woman and that woman – the victim – was also taken to jail because there was a warrant out for her arrest.
Submitted by Mount Pleasant Police Department
- Case # 14-972 – On 1/12/2014 at 12:33 pm a loss prevention officer at Pick N Save located at 2820 S Green Bay Rd was detaining one person for shoplifting. BRYANNA HEATH from Racine was arrested for Retail Theft and taken to jail. This charge was referred to the DA’S office.
- Case # 14-1041 – On 01/13/2014 at 1:35 pm officer responded to Piggly Wiggly located at 5201 Washington Ave for a report that security had detained one shoplifter. Officers identified the suspect as CAITLIN HECKENDORF, 26 yrs old from Racine. HECKENDORF received one $313.00 municipal citation for retail theft where she had taken food items. She was released.
HIT & RUNS
- Case # 14-957 – On 1/12/2014 at 6:21 am officers responded to the 500 Block of S Green Bay Rd. and were advised to look for a red vehicle that was leaving the scene after colliding with an unoccupied parked vehicle. Officers eventually found the suspect vehicle in a parking lot. As a result of this investigation, the driver HALLA CLARK, 61 yrs old from Racine, was issued a $ 187.00 citation for Hit & Run unattended vehicle and 111.40 citation for Inattentive Driving.
OPERATING WHILE INTOXICATED (OWI)
- ·Case # 14-874 – On 1/11/2014 at 2:54 am, ANDREW MALACARA, 29 yrs old from Racine was arrested for OWI 1stoffense after an officer performed a traffic stop on his vehicle due to MALACARA traveling at a high rate of speed. He received municipal citations for: OWI 1st, Prohibited blood/ alcohol concentration 1st, Operating while suspended 2nd, and Unreasonable and imprudent speed. He was released to a responsible party
- Case # 14-946 – On 1/12/2014 at 12:17 am GINA SOLLAZO, 22 yrs old from Caledonia, was stopped for speeding on STH 20 near Meadowlane Ave. SOLLAZO was arrested for OWI 2nd offense (referred to DA’S office) and received a $124.00 municipal citation for speeding before being released to a responsible party
- Case # 14-1101 – On 01/14/2014 at 1:51 am DIANA YOUNG 27 yrs old from Racine was driving at a speed greater than the posted speed limit on 16th St. near Emmertsen Rd. Upon being pulled over an officer determined that YOUNG was under the influence of alcohol. YOUNG was issued a $ 316.60 municipal citation for Unreasonable and imprudent speed and an $874.00 citation for OWI 1st offense.
DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, DC, BATTERY
- Case # 14-820 – On 01/10/2014 at 3:06 pm, officers responded to the 4600 Block of Durand Ave regarding a male subject, later identified as ADAM NEAU, 24 yrs old from Mt. Pleasant, who was beating on a vehicle in the driveway with a baseball bat. NEAU was arrested for felony Criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct. He was taken to jail.
In addition, while investigating at the scene officers identified a female subject, MARITZA MENJIVAR, 23 yrs old from Waukegan IL, as one who had assaulted another adult female victim at this residence. She was arrested for Battery and disorderly conduct and taken to jail.
The assault victim had a warrant from a different county and was also taken to jail.
- Case # 14-869 – On 1/11/2014 at 1:45 am officers responded to JIMMY’S Bar located at 2101 Racine St. There was a report that bottles were being thrown and people were fighting. The owner of the bar, LIRA LUZMARIA dispensed pepper spray to help clear the bar and to protect her property. No one was arrested because the bar was clear of people upon officer’s arrival. There were no reported injuries.
- Case # 14-1093 – On 1/13/2014 at 11:59 pm an officer observed a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed on STH 31 near Wright Ave. The officer located the suspect vehicle in the 1400 block of Woodchuck Ct. Three male subjects were located in the vehicle. The officer detected the odor of marijuana. Our newest K9 officer along with K9 Brutus arrived on scene. They were able to locate drugs in the vehicle. A $250.00 municipal citation was issued to JUSTIN MILLER, 19 yrs old from Mt. Pleasant, for Possession of Marijuana. MILLER was taken to the Mt. Pleasant Police Department and then released.
TRAFFIC STOPS & TRAFFIC CRASHES & OBSTRUCTING
- Case # 14-858 – On 01-10-2014 at 11:09 pm, an officer made atraffic stop on a vehicle on STH 11 and Storybook Dr., because after conducting a plate check, it was determined that the registered owner was suspended. The officer confirmed that the registered owner was also the driver, ANGELA SCOTT, 25 yrs old from Racine,WI. The officer issued her a $313.00 citation for Operating while suspended (10th offense). In addition, SCOTT had active warrants for other traffic tickets and a retail theft charge. She was taken to jail.
- Case # 14-824 – On 01/10/2014 at 3:27 pm officers responded to a traffic crash that occurred on the property of MIKE’S TRAILER SALES. The driver of a westbound vehicle attempted to avoid slow moving or stopped vehicles in the right WB lane. He swerved to the right to avoid striking these vehicles. As a result the driver, TERRANCE JONES, 34 yrs old from Chicago IL ultimately came to a stop after colliding with 11 parked trailers parked on the business property. JONES received a $ 111.40 citation for Inattentive Driving and one $ 136.60 citation for Unreasonable and imprudent speed.
- Case # 14-1097 – On 01/14/2014 at 12:43 am during a traffic stop the driver gave a false name to the officer. The officer was able to learn her true identity as MARQANETTE SHEPARD, 20 yrs old from Kenosha. As a result of this incident SHEPARD was issued a $313.00 municipal citation for Operating while suspended. SHEPARD was also transported to the Racine County jail on an Obstructing referral to the DA’S office.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/