Click here to buy

Click here to buy!

A 40-year-old Racine man faces a total of 27 criminal charges for beating and stalking his girlfriend, according to court records released Friday.

Travaris T. Moss was charged in Racine County Circuit Court with two felony counts of theft, a felony count of false imprisonment, three felony counts of second-degree recklessly endangering safety and one felony count of stalking.

In addition, Moss is charged with 14 misdemeanor counts of bail jumping, three misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct and misdemeanor counts of criminal damage to property, criminal trespassing and battery.

The felony charges carry a total fine of $145,000 and 59 years, six months in prison, while the misdemeanors carry a total fine of $163,000 and 13 years, five months in county jail.

According to the criminal complaint:
A Racine police officer March 18 spoke with a woman, who stated that she was about to leave home with her 8-year-old daughter when the defendant, her ex-boyfriend, pulled up behind her vehicle and blocked her in. Moss exited and began yelling and arguing with her in front of her child.

Moss then took the woman’s cell phone to check and see if she had a new boyfriend. He fled the scene when the woman began to call the police.

Two days later, police were called back to the residence. The woman stated she heard Moss banging on the door very hard and then heard a window shatter. The defendant entered the home and was “bleeding everywhere,” the woman stated. When she called the police, Moss fled the scene.

On July 27, police were dispatched to a suspicious circumstances report in reference to a female with a young child screaming for help in an alley. When they arrived, they found the woman who appeared visibly distressed, with disheveled clothes and she was crying.

The woman stated she was in the defendant’s vehicle when they began to argue. As she tried to exit with her son, he allegedly shoved her back into the car, pushed her legs in and slammed the door shut. Moss then began striking her on the face, arms and head around 20 times, the woman said, with a mix of closed-fist punches as well as open-hand strikes and slaps.

At one point, Moss allegedly pulled the woman’s hair, slammed her against the interior car door and struck her in the back of her head, which caused a lump. The woman also reported her jaw hurt from being struck, that she had several scratches on her left arm and her hair was knotted from Moss pulling it.

The woman stated she was in the car for two to three hours before she was able to exit and call for help.

An officer Aug. 10 was flagged down at the intersection of Geneva and Albert streets for a report of an accident. When he arrived, he spoke with the woman, who appeared to be very upset. She stated that Moss had been chasing her around all day.

The woman stated that she had her two children in a vehicle and was scared Moss was going to run her off the road, so she stopped at their grandfather’s house. Moss pulled in front of her vehicle, and when he exited, she saw her chance to leave, but she struck another vehicle traveling eastbound.

The woman said that Moss told her, “Haha, that is what you get” and left the scene.
At the scene, the woman told police she is in fear for her life and her children’s safety and she truly believes the defendant will kill her someday.

On Sept. 21, police were dispatched for a report of a male throwing rocks at a residence. The suspect could not be located, but the victim stated that Moss was throwing rocks and bricks at her residence and yelling at her. Police later found Moss hiding behind bushes at a residence.

Moss, who is in police custody, made his initial court appearance Friday afternoon.

Looking for a new fur-ever friend? Check out our adopt-a-pet page.

Denise Lockwood

Denise Lockwood has an extensive background in traditional and non-traditional media. She has written for, the Milwaukee Business Journal, Milwaukee Magazine and the Kenosha News.