Journalism. We believe it should help you live a better life.
That’s why we spend a lot less time on publishing mug shots and a lot more time helping you understand the employment market, figure out how to spend more time with friends and family with our events calendar, and what you can do to help businesses that have opened up. Make no mistake…we aren’t shy. We tackle the big stuff, like COVID and issues around race.
And if you believe in the value of journalism — that it should help, not exploit — please consider becoming a paid member of the Racine County Eye today. We can’t do this work without you.
Memorial Day weekend is ahead and this is a great time to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
According to Real Racine, area observances include:
- Sturtevant Memorial Day parade (10 a.m. Saturday from Schulte Elementary School, 8515 Westminster Drive)
- Southern Wisconsin Veterans Cemetery program (11 a.m. Sunday, 21731 Spring St., Union Grove)
- Veterans Memorial Day Parade (9 a.m. Monday from Kane and Edward streets, Burlington)
- Racine Memorial Day Parade (10 a.m. Monday from West Boulevard and Washington Avenue)
- West Lawn Memorial Day Observance (10 a.m. Monday, Garden of Valor, 9000 Washington Ave., Mount Pleasant)
- Rochester Memorial Day Parade (1:30 p.m. from Rochester Fire Station to Pioneer Park).
Since you’re here…
We have a favor to ask. We want access to our stories to remain free for everyone, so we haven’t put up a paywall to block our content. But we need your help! Producing our content requires lots of hard work and money, but we believe it’s 100% worth it and so we’re inviting you to support our mission by funding it.
Also, Racine County Eye received an investigative journalism grant from the Local Independent Online News publishers’ association and the Ethics & Excellence in Journalism Foundation. Now we are looking for our community to match this $1,500 grant. Please consider making your contribution today at either $5, $10 or $20/month. We’ve got goodies galore for you too. Interested, click here.