Mt Pleasant Village Board Meeting for March 13, 2017 at 6:30pm
Previous recordings may be found at this link.
Bookmark this link if you wish future access to this recording and all others.
There was no public comment
- The Village Recreation Department provided a program presentation.
- The 2015 Audit was presented. Both presentations may be heard in the recording.
- The Board voted to convene into closed session “pursuant to legal demand of a letter dated February 14, 2017” referring to an ordinance preventing people who run for office from speaking during Public Comment portions of a Village Board Meeting.
- The Board reconvened into open session to consider any motions discussed in closed session.
- The Board made a motion to repeal a portion of the Village Ordinance which had prevented people who were running for office to speak at Public Comment time during a Village Board Meeting. The motion passed unanimously.
President: Please refer to the recording for his comments
Trustees: David DeGroot shared that his house was egged. Wasn’t sure if politically motivated or not. Mr. DeGroot did not blame Jerry Garski. Jerry Garski said “I am an adult. I would never do something like that. If anyone from his campaign was found to have done this he would be the first to bring charges against that person.”
Finance Director: Please refer to the recording for her comments
Standing Committees: Please refer to the recording for their comments
Administrator/Staff: Please refer to the recording for his comments
Adjournment: The meeting closed at 8:18pm
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/