A Recording of
Mt Pleasant Village Board Meeting for March 27, 2017 at 6:30pm
Previous recordings may be found at this link.
Bookmark this link if you wish future access to this recording and all others.
A number of citizens of Mt. Pleasant spoke concerning the alleged egging of Trustee David Degroot property and in favor of President Jerry Garski. Others spoke concerning parking signs on Hwy 31 and whether or not residents have access to the recently built shooting range the Mt. Pleasant Police Dept installed.
- A motion to create a conditional use permit was made for Habitat for Humanity 2109 Racine St. The vote was unanimous in favor.
- A motion to increase the installation fee for culverts was made. The vote was in favor 7 to zero. The fee amount was not disclosed.
- A new License Approval/Change of agent was approved for Dish Restaurant on the corner of Greenbay Rd and Spring St.
- A motion to go into closed session to discuss retroactive pay for the current Community Development Director position. The board voted unanimous and went into closed session.
- A motion to return into open session was voted on in favor unanimously. A motion was made to compensate Sam Schultz, Community Development Director a stipend of $4273.69 retroactively to when Logan Martin left Mt. Pleasant in the same position. The vote passed 6 to 1 with Jon Hanson voting no.
- A motion to return to closed session to discuss a legal matter to confer with legal counsel concerning strategy to be adopted by the Board regarding an employment complaint and investigation. They voted to go into closed session.
- A motion to reconvene into open session. They reported that they had no report and no motions were made.
- President: None
- Trustees: Listen to recording.
- Finance Director: None
- Standing Committee: Listen to recording
- Administrator/Staff: 7 applications for Village Administrator and 12 or 13 for HR Director have been received.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 8:20 pm