Village Board Meeting Recording for October 10, 2016
Public Comment: Mike Devine spoke about the budget as well as the high cost of Bus Service in Mount Pleasant.
Consent Agenda: Approval of minutes for the Village Board meeting of Sept 26, 2016.
- A presentation was given about the 2016 Bus (Belle Urban System) Service by Michael Maierle, Transit System Manager. The Belle Urban system proposed an $61,408 increase in costs to Mount Pleasant tax payers. A lengthy discussion occurred but no action was taken.
- Noppe Farm LLC Certified Map change requested. The vote was to approve unanimously.
- The board went into closed session to consider an Information Technology Department wage increase as well as a bonus for the lead accountant.
- Returning to Open session: The IT department head received an increase in salary to $65,000. The lead accountant is to receive a $12,000 bonus.
- President – update on bluff erosion.
- Trustees – Jon Hansen said work continues on the budget. Gary Feest suggested a Million dollars of cuts in the budget.
- Standing Committee Reports – Pike river continues to be worked on.
- Administrator/Staff – Monday, Oct 10, 2016 was the first day of early voting. 250 people voted.
Adjournment at 8:03pm
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/