Village Board Recording October 24, 2016 – 6:30pm
Public Comment – None
- 2016 Bus Service Contract – A motion to approve the contract which expired in March of 2016. The amount was $179,500. The motion passed unanimously.
- Resolution 31-2016 for Vacating of Landscape Easement for Rolling Fields Subdivision Plat. A motion was made for approval. The motion passed unanimously.
- A Budget Amendment for South Shore Fire Department to add funds for items unforeseen. The motion passed unanimously.
- A Budget Amendment for the Police Department for two automatic license plate readers for $41,265. Trustee Jon Hanson asked if the readers would be subject to open records requests. Hanson was concerned about privacy. Jon Hanson indicated the data is subject to open record requests. Police Chief Tim Zarzecki said it would be a great tool to solve criminal activity. Hanson requested it be sent back to Legal License Committee to review privacy concerns. The readers can read thousands of license plates daily said Zarzecki. Hanson asked how do you protect innocent citizens from a reasonable expectation of privacy. Trustee David Degroot said “I believe Trustee Hanson’s concerns border on hysteria.” Hanson suggested this was a big brother tool. Village Clerk Stephanie Kohlhagen then added the data from license plate readers are exempt from open record requests according to an Appellate court she found on the Internet. Chief Zarzecki added it would save a lot of time locating those who are committing crimes. Finally, the data would be kept for one year in Mount Pleasant. The motion passed 5 to 2 with John Hanson and Gary Feest voting no.
- The Mount Pleasant Police Department also requested 9 additional cameras to be worn by Police Officers. This would bring the total cameras to 25. The motion passed unanimously.
- The Parks Department requested a Budget Amendment for fund 240 for $5,000. The motion made was passed unanimously.
- A resolution 30-2016 to accept Globe Drive as a public Highway/Roadway. The motion passed unanimously.
- Department Head Definitions. Temporary Village Administrator Tim Zarzecki asked for 2016 revisions. The Motion passed unanimously.
- New License Approvals/Renewals – refer to the recording for details.
- President: None
- Trustees: Still working on the budget. So far the budget is increased by 8.5% but time still left to reduce it. Dave Degroot spoke about the Police Academy.
- Finance Director Report: None
- Standing Committee Reports: None
- Administrator/Staff: trying to trim the budget.
Adjournment: Adjourned at 7:35pm
These videos can be bookmarked. And they are sorted by date.
( https://vimeo.com/user1850486/videos/sort:date )
Merely copy and paste the above link into your browser, click your enter/return key and then bookmark it.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/