… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
RACINE, Wis. – No one was injured in a garage fire that started after a child was playing with fire Friday afternoon at a home located at 1417 Wilmor St.
Firefighters from the Racine Fire Department responded to a report of a garage fire that happened at 3:30 p.m. They extinguished the fire, which was contained inside the garage, according to a press release by department officials.
“Only household goods were stored in the garage. Some of the contents burned, as did some of the garage structure,” the press release reads.
Fire officials determined that the fire was accidentally started by a child playing with fire inside the garage. The estimated loss is $5,000.
Looking for a new job or want to up your skills? Check out the Eye on Employment page for job listings, education and training resources, and job search tips.