No one was injured in a house Racine fire that happened early Sunday morning at 1901 Geneva St.
Officials with the Racine Fire Department believe the blaze was started by careless use of smoking materials, according to a press release from the department.
At 1:14 a.m. a tenant in the upper unit of the home noticed the fire in a second floor bedroom, reported it to the authorities, and helped to evacuate the residents living in the lower unit. Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly, which contained the damage to the upstairs unit.
The Red Cross is helping the tenants. The estimated damage to the home is $20,000.