Racine County Eye has expanded its coverage over the past six months. You have come to count on us for stories about our coverage of COVID-19, the elections, social justice issues, business spotlights, hometown heroes, and real estate.
We spend hours making sure you have the highest and best information. If this is important to you, please subscribe today.
- The power is out at Interstate 94 and Highway 20, which includes the Racine County Sheriff’s substation, at about 12:27 p.m. Monday, June 22.
- A grass fire in a field was reported at 11817 Golf Road at about 12:30 p.m. Monday, June 22 after a power line came down. Firefighters from the Caledonia Fire Department are on scene. The fire is about 20 feet away from a home. We Energies is responding to the area. Golf Road at Highway V, and Northwestern Avenue and Golf Road are blocked off.
- A wire is down and on fire in the backyard of a residence at 1223 Summit Avenue, which happened at about 12:27 p.m.
- 2415 Geneva St., wires frayed and sparking at 12:40 p.m.
- Wires down at 12511 Golf Road at 12:48 p.m.
- Transformer sparking and power outages reported in the 500 block of Hubbard Street at 1:19 p.m.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/