Journalism. We believe it should help you live a better life.
That’s why we spend a lot less time on publishing mug shots and a lot more time helping you understand the employment market, figure out how to spend more time with friends and family with our events calendar, and what you can do to help businesses that have opened up. Make no mistake…we aren’t shy. We tackle the big stuff, like COVID and issues around race.
And if you believe in the value of journalism — that it should help, not exploit — please consider becoming a paid member of the Racine County Eye today. We can’t do this work without you.
Downtown Kenosha, Inc. would like to announce its application period for the One Town Recovery Grant is now open. Applications for recovery funds will be accepted from until October 12 at midnight. Grant requests ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 may be applied for.
All guidelines with applicable use of funds and the application will be available at: https://www.downtownkenosha.org/onetown-recovery-grant/
Applicable use of funds are noted in section 2.6 of Grant Guidelines.
These uses include:
- basic operating capital for leasing or purchasing space, storage
- purchasing inventory, supplies, accounting and inventory software, furniture, fixtures, and equipment(with or without installation costs)
- material purchase for repair of exterior (with or without installation)
- clean up costs reimbursements-staff salaries
- insurance and/or utilities-vendor costs, reimbursements of utilities
- marketing materials and advertising including website development and services
The grant committee will review all applicants and make their decisions during the week of October 19. Announcements will be made public the week of October 26. Scoring announcements will be posted during the week of October 26.
For more information, find us online: