An Opportunity Career Expo will be held from 2 until 4 p.m. April 19 at the Racine Architect Hotel and Conference Center, 7111 Washington Ave.
The Opportunity Career Expo is a unique opportunity for job seekers to meet employers who are looking for good employees!
A new and important part of this Career Expo is pre-career Expo workshops that are offered weekly leading up to the Expo. By attending a pre-career Expo workshop, you gain early entry (1:00 p.m.) to the Expo and an early opportunity to connect with employers in a smaller setting which helps you stand out from the crowd! Workshop topics are listed below. For more information, visit www.racinecounty.com/workforcesolutions.
- Planning your route at the Career Expo
- What businesses are looking for when you talk to them
- Resume tips to get you the interview
- Ask questions and get help from workforce experts
Preparation matters. Here are some surefire tips to get you that all-important job:
- Bring several copies of your resume – if it needs updating, visit the Employment Resource Center at one of these locations: Racine, 1717 Taylor Avenue; Elkhorn, 400 County Road H; Burlington, 209 N. Main St.; Kenosha, 8600 Sheridan Rd.
- Dress like you would for an interview
- Be prepared to answer questions about yourself
- Show up with a GREAT attitude
- Research companies that will be at the Career Expo
- If possible, apply online to companies you are interested in BEFORE the Expo
The evento is brought to you by Racine County Workforce Solutions, Kenosha County Job Center, Walworth County Job Center, Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development, Wisconsin Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, ResCare Workforce Services, and YWCA Southeast Wisconsin Dress for Success.
If you have questions or need more information, call 262.638.6637 or visit www.racinecounty.com/workforcesolutions.