As newspapers around the country furlough their employees hours, that means less journalism at a time when staying connected at the local level is important.
Racine County Eye remains committed to covering what matters to you, your family and your business. Now is not the time to be left in the dark about local information.
If you are able, Racine County Eye needs your financial support today to keep us focused on the things that matter. Click here to support our coverage. We appreciate every one of our readers and we’re grateful to earn your trust every day.
Owner of the Racine County Eye
10 Hours Per Week +
Position requires an energetic, results-oriented professional eager to assume a responsible management role in a Business Improvement District. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage complex issues and projects, work effectively with a variety of constituents, work with volunteers, and build consensus among diverse stakeholders.
• Establish strong working relations with district business and property owners, commercial brokers, developers, and local economic development officials to advance district interests.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues, city officials, officials from other governmental and private organizations, and the general public.
• Responsible for Budget and Annual Operating Plan preparation,
• Manage the district’s clean and safe, public safety, grants, and landscaping (beautification) programs.
MARKETING, COMMUNICATION, AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
• Conceptualize, design, implement, and evaluate a fully integrated marketing plan to promote development within the district.
• Monitor current and emerging public relations issues and trends applicable to the district’s environment.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• The ideal candidate is an action-oriented, “get it done” urban development professional. Have demonstrated the ability to win the trust and confidence of diverse stakeholders, constituents, and
public and private collaborative organizations.
• Ability to work closely and effectively with both public and private sector individuals and organizations including business owners, developers, residents, investors, government officials, and related economic development, promotion and capacity building organizations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with civic leaders, city officials, and the general public.
• Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
• Experience selling concepts and generating the excitement necessary to propel successful accomplishments.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and communicate organizational positions on local, state, and federal issues; ability to facilitate personal contacts between internal and external stakeholders
with executive members of local government and state government.
• Knowledge of public information and community relations concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques.
• Intrinsically motivated to develop and implement new ideas and possess the ability to communicate and “sell” new ideas to a diverse stakeholder group.
• Experienced working in collaboration with local and regional economic development organizations with expertise in crafting public and private partnerships.
• Familiarity with local, state, and federal funding resources (tax incentives, etc.) available for business retention and attraction.
EDUCATION & COMPENSATION
Bachelor’s degree in planning, real estate, the social sciences, architecture, marketing, or public administration desired. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.