… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
- Case # 14-549– On 1/7/2014 12:38 pm Officer responded to Wal-Mart regarding a B/M suspect pushing a cart full of stolen merchandise towards a van. The suspect was wearing blue jeans and a black vest with a black hoodie under it, black shoes and cap. He took off running in the parking lot towards Aldis. The property was recovered however the suspect was not identified. This case (attempted theft) remains active at this time.
- Case # 14-554– On 01/07/2014 at 2:46 pm a female juvenile was issued a municipal ticket for theft. She concealed candy bars at Piggly Wiggly (5201 Washington Rd. The juvenile was released to her mother.
- Case # 14-560– On 1/7/2014 at 3:30 pm Officers responded to Pick N Save (2820 S Green Bay Rd) for a shoplifting incident that occurred around 2:30 pm that day. The suspect was a Hispanic female. This case is active.
- ·Case # 14-562– On 1/7/2014 at 4: 30 pm Officers responded to Wal-Mart for a shoplifting in progress complaint. BRITTANY FRANSEN from Union Grove, 24 yrs old, was arrested for Retail Theft and Bail Jumping. She was then taken to jail.
- Case # 14-708– On 1/9/2014 at 12:00 pm a F/H suspect stole merchandise from Pick N Save located at 2820 S Green Bay Rd. This case is actively being investigated.
- Case # 14-666– On 1/8/2014 at 8:30 pm LYDIA LUCKFIELD, 28 yrs old from Racine, was issued a $439.00 municipal citation for Retail Theft from Kohl’s Department store and then she was released.
- Case # 14-795– On 1/10/2014 in the 600 block of Fox Run Lane, a construction trailer was broken in to and property was taken from it. There are no suspects at this time.
HIT & RUNS
- Case # 14-701– On 1/9/2014 an officer responded to the 3900 block of Sheridan Rd for a report of a Hit & Run crash that had occurred at approximately 9:30 am that day. The suspect vehicle was believed to be white and should have rear passenger side damage and possibly a broken tail light.
- On 1-10-2014 officers arrested a Case H.S. student for possession of marijuana. He was identified as TERRY REED 18 yrs old, from Racine. He was transported to jail.
Case # 14-769– On 1-10-2014 at 2:13 am, in the 600 block of S. green Bay Rd. a Mt. Pleasant officer made traffic stop on a vehicle. The driver gave the officer a false name. After an investigation, the officer was able to determine the identity the driver as JANELLE STEEVES, 35 yrs old from Racine. She was taken into custody. Then, she was issued a $439.00 municipal citation for Obstructing and a $ 313.00 citation for operating after suspension, fourth offense.
Anyone with information can contact CRIME STOPPERS anonymously by: calling 1-888-636-9330, email: http://racine.crimestoppersweb.com, or text message: RACS to 274637(crimes).