News Release Racine Public Library
Programs are held at 75 Seventh Street, Racine, WI 53403 unless stated otherwise.
A sign language interpreter is available with one week’s notice. For information, call the library’s business office at 262-636-9170.
- Anti-Racism Book Group: 2:00 p.m. Monday, April 1st, Lee Room. A weekly book group discussing themes of race and racism.
- Ruff Readers and Cat Chats: Monday-Thursday, 4:00-5:00 pm, by appointment only. Children are invited to read aloud to one of our friendly listening cats or dogs.
- Time for Tots: April 2nd, 9:30 am, Youth Services. Birth through 24 months. Introduce your child to the library through new stories, simple songs, nad rhymes.
- Tuesday Tales: 10:00 am, April 2nd, Youth Services. Kids join us for this fun storytime!
- Musical Storytime: 6:30 pm, April 2nd, Youth Services. Kids grab a rhythm instrument and play along to fun songs and stories.
- Family Storytime: 10:00 am, April 3rd, Youth Services. Join us for a storytime that is fun for the whole family!
- Birds of Wisconsin: April 3rd, 2:00 pm, Adult Services-East Windows. See whooping cranes, tundra swans, great grey owls and more of the nearly 400 bird species that call Wisconsin home.
- Preschool Dance Party: 10:00 am, April 4th, Youth Services. Preschoolers are invited to wiggle and dance at the library!
- Understanding White Privilege Workshop: 6:00 pm, April 4th, Lee Room. The workshop discusses assumptions as well as barriers to clarify about white privilege. Discussing how to become allies to those who experience and struggle with racial injustice. Register at the adult services desk, online at www.racinelibrary.info, or call 262.636.9217.
- Checkmates: 4:00-5:00 pm, April 4th, Youth Services. All ages and all chess experience levels. Come join us for a friendly game of chess.