… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
RACINE COUNTY – As of Monday, all Wisconsin residents 16 and older are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Racine County officials reported “plenty of appointments available” at sites throughout the county this week.
County officials added that the two-dose Pfizer vaccine is the only COVID-19 vaccine currently approved for Individuals ages 16 and 17. Those individuals are reminded to check with the vaccinator when making an appointment.
Area residents have several options for getting vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Appointments are required.
Racine County COVID-19 dashboard
Community-Based Vaccine Sites
- City of Racine Department of Public Health (site at Festival Hall, 5 Fifth St., Racine). Appointments: https://www.racinecoronavirus.org/racine-covid-19-vaccine/
- Central Racine County Health Department (site at 10005 Northwestern Ave., Franksville). Appointments: https://crchd.as.me/schedule.php
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services (site at Regency Mall, former Burlington Coat Factory location, 5538 Durand Ave., Racine). Appointments: https://vaccinate.wi.gov/en-US/
- Good Value Pharmacy https://goodvaluerx.com/retail/vaccinations/
- Lakeview Pharmacy https://lakeviewpharmacy.com/
- Wal-Mart Pharmacies https://corporate.walmart.com/covid-vaccine
- Pick ‘n Save Pharmacies
- Walgreens Pharmacies https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19
Health Care Providers
Residents who have providers at any of these area health care systems can obtain vaccines by appointment.
- Advocate Aurora
- ProHealth Care
The Wisconsin National Guard continues to provide drive-though COVID-19 testing in the Festival Hall parking lot, 5 Fifth Street, Racine, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays. Pre-register at: https://register.covidconnect.wi.gov/en-US/
As of Monday, 30.5 percent of Racine County residents (59,850) had received at least one dose of the vaccine and 18.3 percent (35,952) have completed the vaccine series.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic began in early 2020, Racine County has had 22,216 cases (combined and probable) and 112,827 negative tests. There have been 326 deaths.