Racine County Eye, a privately run news organization, is seeking applications for its editorial board.
While we’ve been able to grow substantially over the last three years, we’d like to invite community input about our editorial practices via an editorial board. We feel getting input from the community is necessary to the long-term growth of the site. Candidates are welcome to provide advice on how the site can improve its coverage and offer insight on how the site can improve its editorial policies.
The advisory board will consist of seven Racine County residents that will help guide the editorial policies of the news website. We’ll meet at noon the Friday of every other month at 410 Main St. The unpaid positions will serve a two-year term. We’re looking for representatives from business, non-profits, church, civic organizations and community advocacy.
Candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- At least three years of experience as a business owner, church leader, community advocate, or nonprofit director.
- Strong supporter of community-based journalism.
- Commitment to seeing news remain free and accessible to the public.
Applicants will need to answer the following questions:
- What does having a strong community news source mean to you?
- What personal or professional experience do you have that could help the Racine County Eye become a better news source?
- Please summarize your current professional role.
If interested, please email the answers to those questions to Denise Lockwood at firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 17.