Racine County’s new community job and networking club, The VIBE, kicks off on July 19. The VIBE is a networking and support group for 18 to 24 year old job seekers. The VIBE will meet on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Racine County Workforce Solutions, 1717 Taylor Avenue in Racine. Membership is FREE!
“We are excited about The VIBE! It is an enhancement to the programs and services we currently provide to young adults. We continue to think outside the box and come up with innovative ways to engage future generations of employees and community members,” said Hope Otto, Racine County Human Services Director.
VIBE members will get useful job tips, develop a strong resume, practice interviewing and hear ideas and information from interesting speakers that will increase their chance of getting a job. In addition, VIBE members will have the opportunity to answer, debate and discuss questions like:
- What are my values, needs and skills and how do they relate to a job?
- What jobs are out there in my community? Which ones will be here in the future?
- How do people get and keep good jobs?
- Do I have a career plan? What is it? If I don’t have a career plan, how do I get one?
- What do employers really want? How do I convince them I have what they want?
VIBE sessions are facilitated by Maria Nabors, a career counselor at Racine County Workforce Solutions. She enjoys working with young adults and older teens and helping them find their career path. She often works with area high schools organizing mock interviews for high school seniors and preparing for life after high school.
For more information, contact Maria Nabors, Career Counselor at 262.638.6351 or email@example.com. Catch The VIBE!