Racine County Eye has expanded its coverage over the past six months. You have come to count on us for stories about our coverage of COVID-19, the elections, social justice issues, business spotlights, hometown heroes, and real estate.
We spend hours making sure you have the highest and best information. If this is important to you, please subscribe today.
- The March 2014 unemployment rate is significantly different than that of the U.S. (WI 5.9 percent v. US 6.7 percent)
- The unemployment rate has had a statistically significant decrease between March 2013 and March 2014. (2014 5.9 percent v. 2013 6.9 percent)
- The unemployment rate has fallen or been unchanged every month since Dec. 2012.
- Wisconsin has a statistically significant private-sector job (Current Employment Statistics) increase between March 2013 and March 2014 at 29,900, which ranked 21st nationally.
- Wisconsin had a statistically significant total nonfarm job (CES) increase between March 2013 and March 2014 at 38,400, which ranked 18th nationally.
- Wisconsin’s year-over-year increase in manufacturing jobs, an increase of 7,400 jobs, ranked 6th nationally.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/