… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.

With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.

Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.

If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.

$
$
$

Your contribution is appreciated.

RACINE – The Racine Fire Department early Thursday responded to a second incident this week of an individual who received serious burns caused by smoking while on oxygen.

Firefighters were called to 512 8th Street about 2 a.m. A male, who had been smoking in bed, extinguished the fire himself before calling 911. He was taken by ambulance to Ascension-All Saints Hospital for treatment of self-inflicted burns to the face. No one else was injured and there was no other damage to the home.

Fire officials warn that smoking around oxygen is extremely dangerous.

[empowerlocal_campaign_offers region_id="22" subcampaign_id="8"]


Paul Holley is retired from careers in journalism, public relations and marketing but not from life. These days, he pretty much writes about what he feels like writing. You may contact him directly at:...