RACINE – The Racine Police Department raised more than $40,000 at its 2017 Policeman’s Ball, an annual event held in November at Festival Hall in support of public safety.
The money will go to sponsor a number of local youth programs, services, and initiatives, and be shared with regional law enforcement partners who supported the Policeman’s Ball.
The following partners will receive support:
• Racine Police Pals/Athletic Association, $6,500
• Racine County Sheriff’s Office K9, $6,500
• Mt. Pleasant Police Department K9, $6,500
• Sturtevant Police Department K9, $6,500
• Shop with a Cop 2018, $6,500
• Fight to End Exploitation, $6,500
• Youth Academic Scholarship, $1,500
• Caledonia Police Department K9, $500
The planning committee for the 2018 Policeman’s Ball, to be held in November, will meet to initiate the planning process on March 15.
The Racine Police Department told the community, “Thank you once again for your generosity. Our community is safer through the power of community policing partnerships.”
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/