RACINE, WI – A juvenile was enticed earlier today by a driver with candy, according to the Racine Police Department.
Police were notified this morning that the juvenile was approached by a suspicious vehicle in the area of Dekoven Avenue and Memorial Drive. The child fled from the vehicle when the driver attempted to offer candy from the vehicle.
Police are investigating the incident and searching for the involved driver and vehicle, said to be a Hispanic female in a white pick-up truck.
Authorities are advising the broader community to remind children about stranger danger.
- Children should stay away from strangers. They should not talk to or take anything offered to them from strangers.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Advise children that they should not accept rides from strangers or allow strangers to take them somewhere by any means.
- Children should communicate with their parents or guardians where they will be and when they will return.
- If a child is approached by a stranger, they should seek the help of a trusted adult immediately.
- Suspicious activity should be reported to a trusted adult and/or police.
Any witnesses, or citizens with information about this incident are urged to call the Racine Police Department Investigations Unit at (262) 635-7756. Those who wish to remain anonymous may contact Crime Stoppers by phone at (262) 636-9330, or
through the Crime Stoppers app by using the p3 app.