A Racine teen is accused of shooting in the direction of several people on Jan. 16, according to officials with the Racine County District Attorney’s Office.

Massiel Antonio-Sanchez, 18, was charged Wednesday by the Racine County District Attorney’s Office with four counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety. If convicted of all charges, he faces up to 50 years in prison and/or fines up to $100,000.

According to the criminal complaint, officers with the Racine Police Department were called to a report of shots being fired in the 1600 block of Flett Avenue on Jan. 16. Officers learned that Antonio-Sanchez and a 14-year-old boy had a fight earlier in the day. Antonio-Sanchez recorded a video where he talked about shooting the boy, who told Antonio-Sanchez to come to his house to fight.

When the boy and his sister went outside, they woke up their father. They saw Antonio-Sanchez standing outside with a gun. He was passing it back and forth between his hands, according to the complaint.

The boy walked outside and told the group to leave, but as Antonio-Sanchez backed up he fired the gun several times and fled the area in a red car. A bullet hit the ground and went past the boy. All three people — the boy, his sister, and their father — told police they could see Antonio-Sanchez firing the gun.

Officers found one live round and several spent shell casings at the scene.

Antonio-Sanchez told police he had a pellet gun, not a real gun and he didn’t know “who in his group had a gun.”

[broadstreet zone=”64574″]

Denise Lockwood has an extensive background in traditional and non-traditional media. She has written for Patch.com, the Milwaukee Business Journal, Milwaukee Magazine and the Kenosha News.