Administrators at the Racine Unified School District are considering changes for its busing policy, school start and end times and the school calendar.
But before the changes are made the district is looking for input from parents and asking them to take a survey.
The district is considering:
- Later start times for middle and high school students
- Shorter average bus ride time for students
- Opportunity for more students in grades families to receive busing (eligibility reduced from 2 miles to 1.5 miles)
- Consistent start and end times across grade bands (elementary, middle, high)
- Longer music, art and physical education classes for elementary students
- More training and planning time for teachers
- Lengthening the school day slightly, allowing for a shorter school year by 3-4 days (ending first week of June)
RUSD family or community members are welcome to complete the survey. If you prefer, a paper copy of the survey was also sent to your home. You can complete and return it to your child’s school.
Si usted es una familia de RUSD o es miembro de la comunidad de Racine, por favor llene la encuesta en español aqui.
If you are an RUSD staff member, you can complete the survey by clicking here.
Completed surveys must be received by Tuesday, March 22.