A woman was hospitalized after being rescued from a fire that happened at 12:20 p.m. Tuesday at a residence at 3408 21st Street.
The fire was caused by careless use of smoking materials, according to a press release by the Racine Fire Department.
The Racine Fire Department and Racine Police Department were called to the home for a report of a fire alarm. A police officer arrived on scene and found that the house was on fire. He gained access to the home and heard a woman yelling for help.
The officer directed rescue workers to the woman and they were able to get her out of the burning building. She was taken by ambulance to Ascension-All Saints Hospital for treatment. Firefighters were able to contain the fire, which started in a bedroom.
The loss is estimated at $6,000.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/
Denise Lockwood has an extensive background in traditional and non-traditional media. She has written for Patch.com, the Milwaukee Business Journal, Milwaukee Magazine and the Kenosha News.
More by Denise Lockwood