Racine County has been our hometown for over 30 years! LeCount Realty Group of Keller Williams Momentum has highly educated experts helping sellers and buyers with their real estate needs. We specialize in rural, urban, and lakefront properties west of the Interstate. Let us guide you in finding the perfect lot or a single-family home that’s just right for creating new memories. Experience the beauty of living in Racine – we will show you how!
Mt Pleasant Village Board for November 28, 2016
Public Comment: Don Schulz was concerned about the amount of money being spent on Parks. The original proposal was to provide baseball diamonds for the kids. But in the Journal Times an article stated a beer garden would be created using Tax incremental district money. Don Schulz also was concerned about the recommendation from the Ad Hoc Committee on how to handle assessment policy. Don Schulz asked the board not to go forward with the recommendations without citizen input. The Board should not assess citizens without due process.
One citizen spoke about water on their property. Dr. John Martini spoke about the dangers of having intoxicated people coming from using a Village Beer Garden. The Village could be held responsible just like a tavern would.
- Presentation by Eagle Scout Nolan Tremelling was canceled.
- Recommendation from the Ad Hoc Committee to approve the Village Assessment Policy. It was put on the agenda merely to request that the Board provide direction on how the policy is to be presented. A motion was made to make the assessment an ordinance. The Board then discussed the issue. The Board voted to approve making the result of the Ad Hoc Assessment Policy be given to the Board in ordinance form. It was suggested a public hearing be held on this proposed Assessment Policy.
- Resolution to adopt the 2017 Budget. The Board voted to approve the 2017 Budget.
- New License Approval/Renewals – Change of Agent. The vote was for approval.
- Approval the Rezone Petition of a portion of a Tax Parcel owned by Mt. Pleasant Evangelical Lutheran Church owner/Good Samaritan Society Applicant. The Approval was granted by the Board.
- Approval Ordinance 18-2016 – An ordinance to amend chapter 90 of the Code of Ordinances for the Village of Mt. Pleasant relating to the rezoning of a portion of property located on vacant land along hwy 31 from RM-2 residential multi-family to RM-3 residential multi-family. The Board voted for the change.
- Approve a change to the Mt. Pleasant Lutheran Church survey map. It was approved.
- Approve a change to a survey map Doris Roscizewski owner. It was approved.
- Approve a change to a survey map DS Koblenski LLC owner. It was approved.
- Approve a change to a survey map Pale Properties LLC owner. It was approved.
- The board voted to convene into closed session to discuss Wage adjustments for Lead Accountant, Payroll Coordinator, Police Staff, Clerk Treasurer and Deputy Clerk.
- The Board voted to return to open session. The Board voted to approve increases in wages for some. Listen to the audio for specific details. However, sources tell Racine County Eye that 2 Trustees, Dave Degroot and Sonny Havn had forced placing the Village Clerk Treasurer and the Deputy Clerk pay increases on tonight’s agenda without the Personnel Committee first reviewing it. The wages of the Village Clerk and her Deputy were not approved but was instead sent to the personnel committee for review. Wage increases for Police Staff were put on hold until the next Board meeting.
- President: none
- Trustees: Jon Hanson is working on policies. John Hewitt participated in various training. Gary Feest discussed increases in web site utilization.
- Finance Committee Reports: Working on year end for the annual audit.
- Administrator/Staff: The Police Chief/Administrator spoke about the “stuff the squad” event. The Fire Chief said there are delays on repairs due to 3rd party staffing issues.
The meeting came to a close at 8:43pm