Journalism. We believe it should help you live a better life.

That’s why we spend a lot less time on publishing mug shots and a lot more time helping you understand the employment market, figure out how to spend more time with friends and family with our events calendar, and what you can do to help businesses that have opened up. Make no mistake…we aren’t shy. We tackle the big stuff, like COVID and issues around race.

And if you believe in the value of journalism — that it should help, not exploit — please consider becoming a paid member of the Racine County Eye today. We can’t do this work without you.

A fire in a stove caused an estimated $75,000 damage to an apartment unit at 1627 Prospect Street on Wednesday afternoon.

The Racine Fire Department was called to the upper unit at 1:26 p.m. Firefighters brought the fire under control within 20 minutes. Therefore, there were no injuries. The Red Cross assisted the four adult family members living in the apartment.

The RFD noted that a working smoke detector alerted the family of the fire, allowing a safe and speedy exit. Fire officials remind residents to clear snow and ice at least three feet from fire hydrants. This step will save firefighters valuable time in an emergency.

READ MORE: Basement Fire Displaces Family of Ten


Rating: 5 out of 5.
$
$
$

Your contribution is appreciated.

Paul Holley is retired from careers in journalism, public relations and marketing but not from life. These days, he pretty much writes about what he feels like writing. You may contact him directly at:...