Posted inBreaking, Police and fire

House Fire Started By Fireworks

Caused by improper use of fireworks, a house fire started at 8:43 p.m. Monday night at 1554 Packard Ave. No one was injured during the fire, according to the Racine Fire Department. After the inside rear entrance to the home started on fire, firefighters from the Racine Fire Department found smoke and flames coming from […]

Posted inBreaking, Community

Saturday Fire Under Investigation

  After a vacant home burned Saturday in the 2100 block of Mead Street, members of the fire investigation task force were called in to investigate. The fire was reported around 5:45 p.m. Saturday, and crews from South Shore Fire Department and officers from Mount Pleasant Police Department responded in minutes, according to scanner reports […]