Racine County Eye paid membership

We've been a locally-owned business focusing on journalism that serves since 2013. We'd love to have your financial support.

$27.50

Click here to purchase.

Posted inNews

Fire Damages Parked Vehicle

RACINE – Fire caused an estimated $3,000 damage to a vehicle parked near a structure in the 3600 block of Douglas Avenue Thursday evening. The Racine Fire Department responded just before 7 p.m. The vehicle owner put out the fire with an extinguisher just before firefighters arrived. Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to check […]

Posted inNews

Kitchen Fire Damages College Avenue Apartment

RACINE – A fire in a kitchen damaged a College Avenue apartment and displaced 10 residents Saturday morning. The Racine Fire Department was called to a six-unit apartment building at 800 College Avenue at about 9:07 a.m. Saturday. A Racine Police Department officer on patrol discovered the fire and immediately began evacuating residents. The fire […]

Posted inNews

Wax Heater Blamed For House Fire

RACINE – A fire, blamed on a faulty wax heater, caused an estimated $15,000 damage to a house on Green Street Sunday evening. The Racine Fire Department was called to 2055 Green Street shortly before 9 p.m Sunday. Firefighters brought the fire under control within 18 minutes. The fire did not spread beyond one room. […]

Posted inNews

Russet Street Duplex Fire Under Investigation

RACINE – Racine Fire Department (RFD) investigators are seeking information about a small fire that damaged the exterior of a duplex in the 2800 block of Russet Street early Wednesday. Firefighters were called to the duplex about 5 a.m. They quickly extinguished a small fire near building’s front entrance. All of the duplex’s 12 occupants […]

Posted inNews

Small Fire Results in Big Water Mess

RACINE – An automatic sprinkler, triggered by a wastebasket fire, caused extensive water damage to an apartment unit at 134 Main Street Wednesday evening. The Racine Fire Department was called to the residence at 10:18 p.m.by an automatic sprinkler system water flow alarm. The sprinkler head had extinguished an accidental wastebasket fire in Apartment 210. […]

Posted inNews

Tuesday morning fire causes $35,000 in damages to Racine business

RACINE ⏤ A Tuesday morning structure fire caused $35,000 in damages to a business on De Koven Avenue in the city. https://www.facebook.com/theuptownobserver/posts/129786192232571 Sign up to make a monthly donation to The Uptown Observer and support local independent journalism. According to the Racine Fire Department, firefighters responded to Modine Manufacturing, 1500 De Koven Avenue, around 7 […]