Posted inNews

Small Fire Results in Big Water Mess

RACINE – An automatic sprinkler, triggered by a wastebasket fire, caused extensive water damage to an apartment unit at 134 Main Street Wednesday evening. The Racine Fire Department was called to the residence at 10:18 p.m.by an automatic sprinkler system water flow alarm. The sprinkler head had extinguished an accidental wastebasket fire in Apartment 210. […]

Posted inNews

Tuesday morning fire causes $35,000 in damages to Racine business

RACINE ⏤ A Tuesday morning structure fire caused $35,000 in damages to a business on De Koven Avenue in the city. https://www.facebook.com/theuptownobserver/posts/129786192232571 Sign up to make a monthly donation to The Uptown Observer and support local independent journalism. According to the Racine Fire Department, firefighters responded to Modine Manufacturing, 1500 De Koven Avenue, around 7 […]

Posted inPolice and Fire

Fire damages Fosters reStore warehouse in Racine

RACINE ⏤ A Saturday evening fire caused smoke damage to a nonprofit city thrift store.  The Racine Fire Department responded to 5626 21st St. around 6:26 p.m. Saturday for a report of smoke inside the 100,000-square-foot building. Firefighters extinguished a small fire along the building’s south wall. https://www.facebook.com/theuptownobserver/posts/129786192232571 Sign up to make a monthly donation […]

Posted inNews

Racine man suffers serious burns

RACINE – The Racine Fire Department early Thursday responded to a second incident this week of an individual who received serious burns caused by smoking while on oxygen. Firefighters were called to 512 8th Street about 2 a.m. A male, who had been smoking in bed, extinguished the fire himself before calling 911. He was […]