Posted inNews

Racine man rescued during fire

RACINE, WI – No one was injured during a house fire, but firefighters rescued a man from a second-floor balcony at 4:15 p.m. Monday. The fire happened at a home at 1816 Roe Avenue, according to a press release by the Racine Fire Department. Fire and rescue personnel arrived on the scene just minutes after […]

Posted inNews

Racine Fire Department lifts ban on open burning

RACINE – The City of Racine’s ban on open burning is lifted effective immediately, the RacineFire Department (RFD) announced Thursday. Open burning had been banned this springbecause of health concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic. RFD has set the following criteria for open, outdoor fires:• Burning shall be limited to portable fireplaces intended for the […]

Posted inNews

Fire causes damage to Racine home

RACINE, WI – A fire, caused by burning yard waste, caused an estimated $5,000 damage to a house in the 300 Block of Merrie Lane on Monday afternoon, according to the Racine Fire Department. Firefighters were called to 352 Merrie Lane at 12:42 p.m. to extinguish a fire on the exterior of the house. The […]