Journalism. We believe it should help you live a better life.
That’s why we spend a lot less time on publishing mug shots and a lot more time helping you understand the employment market, figure out how to spend more time with friends and family with our events calendar, and what you can do to help businesses that have opened up. Make no mistake…we aren’t shy. We tackle the big stuff, like COVID and issues around race.
And if you believe in the value of journalism — that it should help, not exploit — please consider becoming a paid member of the Racine County Eye today. We can’t do this work without you.
Submitted by the Mount Pleasant Police Department
- On December 24, 28, 30, and January 11, 16 (Case #’s 14-1691 + 4 others) Susan Taylor, 57, of Kenosha, altered prices on merchandise in the self-check out lane from Pick N Save located at 2820 S Green Bay Rd. She received 5 municipal citations for Retail Theft totaling $1,565.00.
- On 01/22/2014 at 8:28 pm (14-1870) at 8:00 PM, a resident in the 6000 block of Green Leaf Blvd. arrived home and observed a suspect walk away from her other vehicle which was parked in the driveway. She determined that the suspect had taken an iPod and sunglasses from her unsecured vehicle. The suspect was wearing a black hat/mask concealing his identity. The suspect then entered a dark colored vehicle being driven by a Hispanic male suspect. The vehicle left the area. The suspect has not been identified.
- Some time between Jan. 18 and Jan. 20, someone stole tires and rims valued at $8,000.00. The suspect removed this property from new 2014 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 trucks parked in the front lot of the Boucher Chevrolet car dealership located at 8600 Washington Ave. The suspect(s) has not been identified.
- On 01/23/2014 at 2:34 pm Kimberly Bova, 22, of Racine, was arrested for shoplifting from Kohl’s Dept. Store. She was issued a $313.00 municipal citation for the theft of a $20.00 pair of sunglasses. She was released.
- On 01/24/2014 at 2:37 pm (14-2007) a theft occurred at Kohl’s Dept. Store, 5500 Washington Ave. The suspect was a white female, 5’9” and 100 lbs. She was wearing a navy blue Nike sweatshirt, blue jeans, dirty white tennis shoes, black sunglasses on top of her head, and was carrying a maroon purse. She appeared to be mid 30’s to early 40’s and appeared to have “bad teeth.” Over $100.00 in merchandise was stolen. She left the area in silver Ford Fusion. Case remains active at this time.
- On 01/24/2014 at 3:35 pm (14-2012) Isaac H. Diaz-Lopez, 27, of Kenosha, received a $313.00 municipal citation for Retail Theft from Menards located at 3101 S Oakes Rd. Diaz-Lopez had accompanied another unidentified suspect who had concealed property inside Menards before leaving. Both suspects ran from security. The suspects got away from security in a vehicle. With assistance from the Kenosha Police Department the suspect vehicle was located in the 3200 block of Roosevelt Rd. in Kenosha. Diaz-Lopez was arrested at that time. The second suspect was not in the vehicle. Diaz-Lopez was released after he was fingerprinted at the Mount Pleasant Police Department and after receiving his citation.
- Some time between 01/21/2014 and 01/22/2014 a suspect broke into Chicory Road Storage and removed property. The case is active at this time. The suspect may have left the area to the East towards RCOC in Lake Park.
- On 01/21/2014 at 01:27 pm (14-1777) a Probation and Parole agent from the Wisconsin Department of Corrections requested the Mount Pleasant Police Department to pick up an offender at a residence in the 1300 Block of Oakes Rd. on a felony parole violation. Officers were looking for Rahman Wilson, 35 from Mount Pleasant. Upon arrival this offender identified himself with a false name. This suspect’s identity was confirmed to be Wilson. He was taken to the Racine County Jail where he was being held on a probation violation and also was charged with obstructing an officer.
- On 01/21/2014 at 4:37 pm (14-1790) an officer responded to the 2400 block of Green Haze Ave to investigate a dog barking complaint. The officer learned that this was the 4th time MPPD responded to this residence. As a result of this call, the dog owner, Calvin Metzger, 72, received a $187.00 (Habitually Noisy Animals) citation from the officer.