Racine County Eye has expanded its coverage over the past six months. You have come to count on us for stories about our coverage of COVID-19, the elections, social justice issues, business spotlights, hometown heroes, and real estate.
We spend hours making sure you have the highest and best information. If this is important to you, please subscribe today.
Keep up to date with your favorite businesses, learn about events and special deals at The Buzz, Racine County Eye’s newest twice-weekly column.
Thinking of starting a new business or own a start-up? A number of businesses used to use Launch Box, a business incubator located at Gateway Technical College. But it will close by the end of the month. A new business incubator will take its place though called Atmosphere. Click here to read more about it.
Flick of the Week
Are you a fan of rock music? Do you like Queen? The newly released biopic, Bohemian Rhapsody, chronicles the rise of the legendary rock star, Freddy Mercury, and his bandmates. Check out our review of the film, written by our new employee, Rohan Raj.
What’s happening this week
- Like Italian food? Horlick High School will be hosting a pasta dinner fundraiser for its cheer team at Infusino’s Banquet Hall on November 11 from 4-7 p.m. Come show your support. Tickets are only $10. Infusino’s is located at 3201 Rapids Dr.
- What is all this talk about essential oils? Can they really help me and my loved ones? This introductory class is being held from 3 to 4 p.m. Nov. 10 and from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on November 12 at The Offices at 410 Main St. will educate you on what essential oils are and how to incorporate them into everyday life.
- Tis the season to be jolly and share in the comforts of warm drinks and food. You are invited to hang at the Tea & Coffee Confab and enjoy some tea and/or coffee and treats at the Community Lounge (a.k.a. Focus on Community) every Wednesday between 7-8 a.m. This is an informal function and a great opportunity to connect with others.
- The highest unemployment rate in the state belongs to Racine. Thousands of jobs are headed to Racine County, but area manufacturers are having major issues finding and keeping talent. Racine County Eye is hosting an event called News Up, Racine County: Barriers to Employment that begins on November 15 at 6 p.m. held at The Offices at 410 Main St. Mark your calendar for this FREE event. Space is limited. Please RSVP by filling out this form.
- Are you a dog lover? Come support Woof Gang Rescue and its host of dogs and puppies on Saturday, November 17th from 11-1 p.m. The event will take place at Tractor Supply Co. located at 857 South Rochester Street Ste 500 in Mukwonago. Visit our website to view a bio listing of our currently available dogs. If there is one that you are interested in, please apply online before you come. It will make the process go even faster!
New products, events, and contests at area businesses
The Maple Table, a yet-to-open restaurant located at 525 Main Street, is hosting a contest to have the community name its menu items. Check it out on the Racine Guide.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/