Follow Us

Toddler Hospitalized, Burned In Fire Photo credit: Village of SturtevantAfter suffering third-degree burns on her body, a Sturtevant toddler has been hospitalized after she fell into a fire pit Sunday night, according to a story by CBS 58.

Rescue workers from the South Shore Fire Department were called to a residence in the 2600 block of Wisconsin Street at 7:45 p.m. for a report of a girl who had fallen in a recreational fire pit. Her parents pulled her out of the fire immediately and were administering first aid to the child.

The girl was taken by a Flight for Life helicopter to Children’s Hospital. Sturtevant Police believe the injury was accidental, but the investigation continues.

 

 

Denise Lockwood has an extensive background in traditional and non-traditional media. She has written for Patch.com, the Milwaukee Business Journal, Milwaukee Magazine and the Kenosha News.