Racine County Eye has expanded its coverage over the past six months. You have come to count on us for stories about our coverage of COVID-19, the elections, social justice issues, business spotlights, hometown heroes, and real estate.

We spend hours making sure you have the highest and best information. If this is important to you, please subscribe today.

$
$
$

Your contribution is appreciated.

By Bill Houston

Racine, WI — No injuries were reported after the Racine Fire Department responded to an early morning house fire, 3511 19th St., Sunday, Nov. 10.

When firefighters arrived on the scene just before 3:30 a.m. they saw flames coming from a roof vent on the north side of the single-story rental property.

They were able to enter the building and rescue two adult male occupants.

“When we showed up there were two people inside who were still sleeping,” said Lt. John Magnus of the Racine Fire Department. “We were able to wake them up and get them both out of there.”

According to the incident report, the blaze originated as an electrical fire between the ceiling and roof, just above the doorway to the main bedroom.

Damages to the property, owned by Lakeside Investments, LLC, 10282 Hawgback Ln., Dubuque, IA, are estimated at $90,000.

The Red Cross will be providing assistance to Nantu Roy and the other male tenant who Magnus said wished to remain anonymous.

The Racine Fire Department was assisted at the scene by the Racine Police Department and We Energies.

Love what we do?

In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/