… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.

With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.

Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.

If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.

$
$
$

Your contribution is appreciated.

RACINE, WI (RCE Noticias) – Una persona fue hospitalizada y otras dos fueron rescatadas después de que un incendio arrasara por un dúplex el domingo por la mañana en 111 Ohio St.

El incendio comenzó a la 1:05 a.m. debido al uso descuidado de materiales para fumar, según un comunicado de prensa del Departamento de Bomberos de Racine. Quint 4 y MED 4 de la estación de bomberos de West Racine respondieron en poco más de cinco minutos desde el momento del envío.

Cuando llegaron a la escena, se encontraron con un intenso fuego proveniente del sótano. Con tres personas aún dentro de la casa, los bomberos centraron su atención en los esfuerzos de rescate.

Encontraron que una persona no respondía, esa persona había sufrido quemaduras de segundo grado e inhalación de humo.

Llevado de urgencia a Ascension-All Saints Racine, el nivel de monóxido de carbono del hombre fue alto, y el personal del hospital ordenó un traslado a la Unidad de Quemados de Ascension-Columbia St. Mary en Milwaukee.

La pérdida estimada por el incendio es de $30,000.

[empowerlocal_campaign_offers region_id="22" subcampaign_id="8"]