… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
This year, United Way of Racine County is transforming Day of Caring into Season of Caring. This extended volunteer opportunity will run until June 21, 2021, giving everyone the chance to make a difference through volunteerism all year.
The United Way is currently collecting volunteer opportunities, both virtual and in-person, from local nonprofit organizations.
The following projects are available:
- Catholic Charities – Collect and drop off toiletries, including size five and six diapers, toothpaste, and Lysol liquid cleaner, for clients.
- CARBON Group Global – Virtually tutor Racine k-8 students in math.
- River Bend Nature Center – Clear out and upgrade elements of the Andis Chickadee Trail on May 8, 2021.
- Racine Zoo – Clean the beach with the Party for the Planet Beach Cleanup event on Nov. 5.
- United Way of Racine County – Help United Way of Racine County make single-use masks with the Be Safe, Wear a Mask! campaign.
For more information on Season of Caring, please visit: UnitedWayRacine.org/SOC