… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
These programs are held at 75 Seventh Street, Racine, WI 53403 unless stated otherwise.
A sign language interpreter is available with one week’s notice. For information, call the library’s business office at 262-636-9170.
- Anti-Racism Book Group: 2:00 p.m. Monday, April 8tht, Lee Room. A weekly book group discussing themes of race and racism.
- Maker Monday: 9:00 am- 7:00 pm, April 8th, Computer Lab. Explore RPL’s 3D printer, visit with Dash our robot, and learn some basic coding
- Ruff Readers and Cat Chats: Monday-Thursday, 4:00-5:00 pm, by appointment only. Children are invited to read aloud to one of our friendly listening cats or dogs.
- The movie series based on the book series Harry Potter: April 8th-11th, 5:30 pm, atrium. Join us for a movie marathon, snacks welcome drinks must have a lid.
- Time for Tots: April 9th, 9:30 am, Youth Services. Birth through 24 months. Introduce your child to the library through new stories, simple songs, nad rhymes.
- Tuesdays @ Two Adult Movie Series: 2:00 pm, Atrium, April 9th. Join us for a movie! Please visit our website or call the library for movie title.
- Tuesday Tales: 10:00 am, April 9th, Youth Services. Kids join us for this fun storytime!
- Musical Storytime: 6:30 pm, April 9th, Youth Services. Kids grab a rhythm instrument and play along to fun songs and stories.
- Family Storytime: 10:00 am, April 10th, Youth Services. Join us for a storytime that is fun for the whole family!
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows YouTube live book discussion. Join us April 10th at 4:00pm on our YouTube channel, for the final potterhead book discussion. youtube.com/racinelibrary
- Preschool Dance Party: 10:00 am, April 11th, Youth Services. Preschoolers are invited to wiggle and dance at the library!
- Checkmates: 4:00-5:00 pm, April 11th, Youth Services. All ages and all chess experience levels. Come join us for a friendly game of chess.
- Wisconsin’s Gangster Past: April 11th, 6:00pm, Adult Services. Follow the footsteps of America’s most infamous gangsters as they turn WI into their personal crime vacationland.
- LEGO Club: 12:00-3:30 pm, April 13th, Martin Room. The room is open for children of all ages, children 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Parents/guardians are required to sign in their child. Cleanup begins at 3:15.
- NaNoWriMo: April 1-30. A virtual writers retreat, a 30 day writing boot camp. Stop by YSD for more information
- Big Library Read! April 1-15th Homes a Refugee Story, available online wplc.overdrive.com
Looking for a job? Check out these jobs on the Racine County Eye jobs board and if you are looking for help in landing it, we’ve got a few tips and tricks. Check out these stories on our employment page.