Racine County Eye has expanded its coverage over the past six months. You have come to count on us for stories about our coverage of COVID-19, the elections, social justice issues, business spotlights, hometown heroes, and real estate.
We spend hours making sure you have the highest and best information. If this is important to you, please subscribe today.
The following programs are at 75 Seventh Street, Racine, WI 53403 unless stated otherwise. A sign language interpreter is available with one week’s notice. For information, call the library’s business office at 262-636-9170.
- Anti-Racism Book Group: 2:00-4:00 pm | July 8th | Lee Room. A weekly book group discussing themes of race and racism.
- Ruff Readers: Monday-Thursday, 4:00-5:00, Youth Services. Registration required, call 262.636.9245 or visit the Youth Services Desk to register. Kids can spend 15 minutes reading to a listening therapy dog! Great for building confidence in reading skills, while connecting with the warmth and support of a furry friend.
- Family Movie Night: 6:00pm | July 15th | Atrium. Join us for a movie! Snacks are welcome, drinks must have a lid. Visit the website (racinelibrary.info) or call the library for movie title.
- Time for Tots: 9:30 am | July 16th | Youth Services. Birth through 24 months. Introduce your child to the library through new stories, simple songs, and rhymes.
- Stories from Friends: 10:00 | July 16th | Youth Services. Learning about Nutrition by UW-Extension.
- CS Girls First: 2:00 pm | July 16h | Computer Lab. Girls in grades 4-12 can learn the basics of coding in the program scratch. Register at racinelibrary.info or call 262.636.9217
- Musical Storytime: 6:30 pm | July 16 | Youth Services. Kids grab a rhythm instrument and play along to fun songs and stories.
- Lake Monsters of Wisconsin: 6:00 | July 16 | Adult Services- East Windows. Wisconsin is home to over 40 lakes, rivers, and streams that were thought to be inhabited by large serpent like creatures. Filled with newspaper accounts, witness drawings, and photos.
- CS First Boys Coding: 2:00 | July 18 | Computer Lab. Girls in grades 4-12 can learn the basics of coding in the program scratch. Register at racinelibrary.info or call 262.636.9217
- Youth Summer Reading Program: June 3rd-August 10th. Youth children-5th grade, pick up a reading log, read or be read to for a total of 10 hours, receive a prize. Pick up at the Youth Services Desk or download at racinelibrary.info.
- Adult and Teen Book: June 3rd-August 10. Teens (Grades 6-12) Adults (18+) Write book reviews for the books you read this summer! Place your completed reviews in the raffle basket for the prize of your choice. The more you read, the more reviews, the better chance of winning your favorite prize. Books reviews available in adult services by the reference desk, at the bookmobile or at racinelibrary.info.
- Family Storytime: 10:00 am | July 17 | Youth Services. Join us for a storytime that is fun for the whole family!
- Make It Workshop: 10:00 | July 17 | Martin Room. Grades 2-5. Make a simple catapult. REGISTER at www.racinelibrary.info or call 262.636.9217.
- Minecraft Club: Wednesday, July 17 | 2:00 – 3:00pm | Computer Lab. Come build on the library’s Minecraft server. Grades 4-12. Register at racinelibrary.info or call 262.636.9217
- Minecraft Club Jr.: Wednesday, July 17 | 2:00 – 3:00pm | Martin Room | Grades K-3. Kids come build on the library’s Minecrafter server. Register at racinelibrary.info or call 262.636.9217
- Minecraft Open Lab: Wednesday July 17 | 5:00 | Computer Lab. Come do a free build on the library’s Minecraft server. Register at racinelibrary.info or call 262.636.9217.
- Checkmates: 4:00 pm | July 18 | Youth Services. All ages and experience levels welcome! Join us for a game of chess!
- Scandals Along the Shore Path: 6:00 | July 18 | Adult Services- East Windows. Presented by Black Point Estates, Life on Geneva Lake hasn’t always been serene. With a share of sea serpents, masked men and sinking ships! Listen to the tales! Presented by Michael Rehberg.
- Summer Story Wagon Series: 10:00 am & 6:00 pm | July 18 | Youth Services. Special guests from Racine Zoo!
- Saturday Storytime: 11:30 am | July 20| Youth Services. Join us for an all ages storytime!
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/