… we have a small favor to ask. Thousands of people have placed their trust in the Racine County Eye’s high-impact journalism because we focus on solutions-based journalism.
With no shareholders or billionaire owners, we can provide trustworthy journalism that focuses on helping readers.
Unlike many others, Racine County Eye’s journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.
If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Racine County Eye from as little as $5 – it only takes a minute. Thank you.
The following are the upcoming programs at the Racine Public Library:
- Anti-Racism Book Group: 2-4 p.m. | October 21st | Lee Room. A weekly book group discussing themes of race and racism.
- Ruff Readers: 4 p.m. | Monday-Thursday | Youth Services. Registration required, call 262.636.9245 or visit the Youth Services Desk to register. Kids can spend 15 minutes reading to a listening therapy dog! Great for building confidence in reading skills, while connecting with the warmth and support of a furry friend.
- Yoga Storytime: 10 a.m. | October 21st | Youth Services. Kids come stretch and relax with Yoga and stories!
- Family Movie Night: 6 p.m. | October 21st | Atrium. Join us for a family friendly movie. Please call the library or visit www.racinelibrary.info for movie title.
- La Hora Del Cuento: 6:30 p.m. | October 21st | Youth Services. Spanish storytime! Disfrutar cuentos, rimas, y actividades en espanol!
- Tales for Tots: 9:30 a.m. | October 22nd | Youth Services. Birth through 24 months. Introduce your child to the library through new stories, simple songs, and rhymes
- World Stories Central/South America: 10 a.m. | October 22nd | Youth Services. Learn about stories from around the world!
- Using OverDrive on Kindle Fire: 1 p.m. | October 22nd | Adult Services. Bring your Kindle Fire and learn how to download eBooks and audiobooks using the OverDrive App.
- Musical Family Storytime: 6:30 p.m. | October 8th | Youth Services. Kids grab a rhythm instrument and play along to fun songs and stories.
- Family Storytime: 10 a.m. | October 23rd | Youth Services. Join us for a storytime that is fun for the whole family! Please call the library or visit the library website for movie title.
- Fandom Club (Kingdom Hearts): 4 p.m. | October 23rd | Young Adult. Grab your Keyblade and join us for crafts and snacks to chat about all things KH.
- Fortnite Open Lab: 5 p.m. | October 23rd | Computer Lab. Grades 4-12, come to the library and play Fortnite. REGISTER
- Bridging the Digital Divide Digging Deep: 6 p.m. | October 23rd | Adult Services. Join us for an informational presentation on the online resources available to students at RUSD.
- Preschool Dance Party: 10 a.m. | October 24th | Youth Services. Preschoolers are invited to wiggle and dance at the library!
- Friends of the Racine Public Library Member Book Sale: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. | October 24th |Atrium
- Checkmates: 4-6 p.m. | October 24th | Youth Services. All ages and experience levels welcome! Join us for a game of chess!
- Halloween Stories and Crafts: 6 p.m. | October 24th | Youth Services. Halloween stories and pumpkin decorating!
- FOL Public Book Sale: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | October 25 & 26 | Atrium. Books, CDs, DVDS, games, art, and more for a fraction of the price!
- Teen Lock-in (Video Games): 5:45 p.m. | October 25th | Adult Services. Pizza, crafts, video games, life-size pac-man, and capture the flag! IN-PERSON PARENT or GUARDIAN REGISTRATION
- Saturday Storytime: 11:30 a.m. | October 26th | Youth Services. Join us for an all ages storytime!
- Belle Ensemble presents Monsters and Meanies: 2 p.m. | October 26th | Adult Services. Stop in for a “spooky” concert at RPL. Sponsored by the friends of the RPL
- Boo at the Zoo: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. | October 26th | Racine Zoo. Families come explore the zoo as local vendors and non-profits pass out candy.
- Military History Book Club: Interested in joining? Please email Sue at Sue.McGrath@racinelibrary.info
Programs are at 75 Seventh Street, Racine, WI 53403 unless stated otherwise.
A sign language interpreter is available with one week’s notice. For information, call the business office at 262-636-9170 .