The following are the upcoming programs at the Racine Public Library:
- Anti-Racism Book Group: 2-4 p.m. | October 28th | Lee Room. A weekly book group discussing themes of race and racism.
- Ruff Readers: 4 p.m | Monday-Thursday | Youth Services. Registration required, call 262.636.9245 or visit the Youth Services Desk to register. Kids can spend 15 minutes reading to a listening therapy dog! Great for building confidence in reading skills, while connecting with the warmth and support of a furry friend.
- Teen Lock-in (Video Games): 5:45 p.m. | October 25th | Adult Services. Pizza, crafts, video games, life-size pac-man, and capture the flag! IN-PERSON PARENT or GUARDIAN REGISTRATION
- Yoga Storytime: 10 a.m. | October 28th | Youth Services. Kids come stretch and relax with Yoga and stories!
- La Hora Del Cuento: 6:30 p.m. | October 28th | Youth Services. Spanish storytime! Disfrutar cuentos, rimas, y actividades en espanol!
- Tales for Tots: 9:30 a.m. | October 29th | Youth Services. Birth through 24 months. Introduce your child to the library through new stories, simple songs, and rhymes
- World Stories Central/South America: 10 a.m. | October 29nd | Youth Services. Learn about stories from around the world!
- Make Stuff Series: 6 p.m. | October 29th | Atrium
- Musical Family Storytime: 6:30 p.m. | October 29th | Youth Services. Kids grab a rhythm instrument and play along to fun songs and stories.
- Family Storytime: 10 a.m. | October 30th | Youth Services. Join us for a storytime that is fun for the whole family! Please call the library or visit the library website for movie title.
- Poet Laureate Presentations: 2 p.m. | October 30th | Adult Services. Kimberly Blaeser-WI Poet Laureate 14-16, Emilio DeGrazia-Winona Poet Laureate 12-13, Ron Riekki- Undocumented: Great Lakes Poet Laureate on Social Justice.
- Minecraft: 5 p.m. | October 30th | Computer Lab. Grades 4-12 come build on the library’s minecraft server. REGISTER at www.racinelibrary.info or call 262.636.9217.
- Preschool Dance Party: 10 a.m. | October 31st | Youth Services. Preschoolers are invited
to wiggle and dance at the library!
- Checkmates: 4-6 p.m. | October 31st | Youth Services. All ages and experience levels welcome! Join us for a game of chess!
- Scary Movie Night: 6 p.m. | October 31st | Atrium. Come celebrate the 20th anniversary of one of the scariest movies of the century! Call library for the movie title.
- Saturday Storytime: 11:30 a.m.| November 2nd | Youth Services. Join us for an all ages storytime!
- Big Library Read: November 4-18th | Download your free eBook at wplc.overdrive.com
- NaNoWriMo: National Novel Writing Month, http://nanowrimo.org
Programs are at 75 Seventh Street, Racine, WI 53403 unless stated otherwise.
A sign language interpreter is available with one week’s notice. For information, call the library’s business office at 262-636-9170 .
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/