The following is a list of the upcoming programs at the Racine Public Library, 75 Seventh Street:
● Anti-Racism Book Group: 2:00 p.m. Monday, April 15th, Lee Room. A weekly book group discussing themes of race and racism.
● The Lab Jr.: 1:00, April 22-25th, Martin Room. K-3rd grade. Play minecraft, play coding games, check out our robots and enjoy tech-related fun! Register online, in person at Youth Services, or call 262.636.9245.
● The Lab: 1:00, April 22-25th, Computer Lab. Grades 4-12. Activities include: Wii U gaming, Minecraft, Roblox, & more. Register online, in person at the reference desk, or call 262.636.9217.
● Family Movie night: April 23rd, 6:00 pm, Atrium. Join us for a family friendly movie, snacks are welcome (drinks must have a lid). Call the library or visit the website for movie title.
● Fandom Club: 4:00pm, April 24th, Young Adult. Grades 6-12. Celebrate your favorite TV shows, books, movies, video games, and more! Register online, in person at Youth Services, or call 262.636.9245.
● Minecraft Open Lab: 5:00, April 24th, Computer Lab. Grades 4-12. Come build on the library’s Minecraft server. Register online, in person at the reference desk, or call 262.636.9217.
● The Hidden Impact of Segregation: 6:00 pm, April 24th, Adult Services. Reggie Jackson, presenting on the impact of redlining on residents of color for fair housing month. Introduction by Mayor Cory Mason.
● Friends of the Library Book Sale: Members Sale: 12:00-6:00, April 25 Public Sale:11:00- 4:00, April 26 & 27. A large stock of books, AV, and related materials. The Friends are seeking donations of books, DVDs, CDs, VHS, art, sheet music, and toys. Nonfiction books are especially needed. Donations may be dropped off at the Circulation Desk during regular library hours.
● International Children’s Book Day: 2:00, April 25, Youth Services. Sharing stories and music from around the world. Make crafts and enjoy cake in honor of Hans Christian Andersen’s Birthday.
● Create your own Pokemon Terrarium: 2:00 pm, April 26th, Youth Services. Come create your own Pokemon Terrarium. Register online, in person at Youth Services, or call 262.636.9245.
● Harry Potter Teen Lock-in: 6:00-10:00 pm April 26, 2019, Grades 6-12. Join us for an evening full of Harry Potter Fun! In person registration required.
● Bonk! 6:00 pm, April 27. 125 at the Vital Arts Project Exhibit Space, 1322 Washington. We have a great lineup of poets, Derrick Austin and Alix Anne Shaw, followed by singer-songwriter Ben Mulwana.
A sign language interpreter is available at an event with one week’s notice. For information, call the library’s business office at 262-636-9170.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/