The following are the upcoming events happening at the Racine Public Library:
● Racine Public Library will be closed Thursday July 4th in observance of Independence Day.
● Anti-Racism Book Group: 2:00-4:00 pm | July 1st | Lee Room. A weekly book group discussing themes of race and racism.
● Summer Garden Series: 6:00 | July 1 | Atrium. “Basics of canning” Joey and Holly Baird, hosts of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener radio show, offer advice on gardening issues. Sponsored by Racine County Farm Bureau.
● Ruff Readers: Monday-Thursday, 4:00-5:00, Youth Services. Registration required, call 262.636.9245 or visit the Youth Services Desk to register. Kids can spend 15 minutes reading to a listening therapy dog! Great for building confidence in reading skills, while connecting with the warmth and support of a furry friend.
● Time for Tots: July 2 | 9:30 am | Youth Services. Birth through 24 months. Introduce your child to the library through new stories, simple songs, and rhymes.
● Stories from Friends: 10:00 am | July 2 | Youth Services. A special story time about planting.
● Musical Storytime: 6:30 pm, July 2 | Youth Services. Kids grab a rhythm instrument and play along to fun songs and stories.
● Family Storytime: 10:00 am | July 3rd | Youth Services. Join us for a storytime that is fun for the whole family!
● Saturday Storytime: 11:30 am | July 6 | Youth Services. All ages are invited to enjoy songs, books, and have lots of fun!
● LEGO Club: 12:00-3:15 | July 6 | Martin Room. Kids are invited to come play LEGO, children under 7 must be accompanied by an adult, parents are required to sign in their child.
Programs are at 75 Seventh Street, Racine, WI 53403 unless stated otherwise.
A sign language interpreter is available with one week’s notice. For information, call the library’s business office at 262-636-9170.