The following are the upcoming programs at the Racine Public Library:
● Anti-Racism Book Group: 2-4 p.m. | July 22nd | Lee Room. A weekly book group discussing themes of race and racism.
● Ruff Readers: Monday-Thursday, 4-5 p.m., Youth Services. Registration required, call 262.636.9245 or visit the Youth Services Desk to register. Kids can spend 15 minutes reading to a listening therapy dog! Great for building confidence in reading skills, while connecting with the warmth and support of a furry friend.
● Block Party: 10 a.m. | July 22 | Youth Services. Have fun playing with your child at the book and block party!
● Summer Garden Series: 6 p.m. | August 5 | Atrium. Joey and Holly Baird, hosts of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener radio show. Sponsored by Racine County Farm Bureau.
● Renters Table: 5:30-7 p.m. | August 5th | Adult Services-East Windows. Come share your experiences about renting in Racine with Mayor Cory Mason. Refreshments and Raffle prizes!
● Old World Stories: 2 p.m. | August 7th | Adult Services-East Windows. Discover what it was like to live in 19th-century Wisconsin. Provided by the Wisconsin Public Television Reel-to-Real program.
● Medicare 101: 3 p.m. | August 8th | Atrium. Learn about the basics of Medicare enrollment, timing, and insurance coverage options.
Programs are at 75 Seventh Street, Racine, WI 53403 unless stated otherwise.
A sign language interpreter is available with one week’s notice. For information, call the library’s business office at 262-636-9170.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/