Racine County Eye has expanded its coverage over the past six months. You have come to count on us for stories about our coverage of COVID-19, the elections, social justice issues, business spotlights, hometown heroes, and real estate.
We spend hours making sure you have the highest and best information. If this is important to you, please subscribe today.
The following are the upcoming programs at the Racine Public Library:
- Anti-Racism Book Group: 2-4 p.m. | September 9th | Lee Room. A weekly book group discussing themes of race and racism.
- Ruff Readers: Monday-Thursday, 4-5 p.m., Youth Services. Registration required, call 262.636.9245 or visit the Youth Services Desk to register. Kids can spend 15 minutes reading to a listening therapy dog! Great for building confidence in reading skills, while connecting with the warmth and support of a furry friend.
- Pajama Storytime and Teddy Bear Sleepover: 6:30 p.m. | September 9th | Youth Services. Bring your stuffed animal or doll to a special storytime! Wear your pj’s if you’d like, then leave your friend for a sleepover in the library! Pick up your friend the next day and look online to see photos of all the fun adventures!
- Maker Monday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m. | September 9th | Computer Lab. Come use our 3D printer, learn to code, and we’ll help you with your digital devices! Looking for low-cost internet? We can help with that too!
- Tuesdays @ Two: 2 p.m. | September 10th | Atrium. Join us for a movie! Please call the library or visit the website, www.racinelibrary.info for the movie title.
- Tales for Tots: 9:30 a.m. | September 10th | Youth Services. Birth through 24 months. Introduce your child to the library through new stories, simple songs, and rhymes.
- Stories Around the World-Africa: 10 a.m. | September 10th | Youth Services. Join us for a special storytime that explores a new continent every month!
- Musical Family Storytime: 6:30 p.m. | September 10th | Youth Services. Kids grab a rhythm instrument and play along to fun songs and stories.
- Family Storytime: 10 a.m. | September 11th | Youth Services. Join us for a storytime that is fun for the whole family!
- Fortnite Open Lab: 5 p.m. | September 11th | Computer Lab. Teens in grades 4-12, come play Fortnite at the library! Register at www.racinelibrary.info or call 262.636.9217.
- Preschool Dance Party: 10 a.m. | September 12th | Youth Services. Preschoolers are invited to wiggle and dance at the library!
- Checkmates: 4 p.m. | September 12th | Youth Services. All ages and experience levels welcome! Join us for a game of chess!
- RPL Genealogy Group: 3:30 p.m. | September 12th | Lee Room. Beginners and experienced, all are welcome! We’ll show you how to get started or some new resources you might not have worked with.
- Saturday Storytime: 11:30 a.m. | September 14th | Youth Services. Join us for an all ages storytime!
- Talk Like a Pirate Storytime: 2 p.m. | September 14th | Youth Services. Yarrr!! Sail on in for a swashbuckling storytime!
Programs are at 75 Seventh Street, Racine, WI 53403 unless stated otherwise.
A sign language interpreter is available with one week’s notice. For information, call the library’s business office at 262-636-9170.
Love what we do?
In addition to our education features, we’ll be kicking off a series of stories highlighting how parents, students, and educators are adapting to the impact of COVID-19 on education. If this is important to you, please consider donating to our education reporting fund. https://business.facebook.com/donate/1846323118855149/3262802717172659/